Thursday 15 September 2016

10 ARTICLES IN 10 DAYS: DAY 4

15th September 2016: Four firemen called to local supermarket after employee gets stuck… In the till!

Earlier this week, a Nottinghamshire supermarket's checkout area got brought to a standstill, after one of their employees got his arm stuck in the moving conveyor belt of a till.

Four firemen were called out to the Morrisons store in Gamston, West Bridgford after the nineteen-year-old team leader, Oli Richings, was unable to free himself. The firemen managed to free the member of staff by oiling up the belt and gently removing his arm.

Colleagues and friends of the trapped boy posted on Facebook, sharing their shock and amazement of how it happened. A fellow team leader, John, jokingly posted on Facebook “Forget Oli, is the till ok!?”, whilst other management took a more sympathetic approach, Lisa commented on the post “Seriously guys, I leave you alone for one week and you have to call emergency services! I hope you are all okay”.

Whilst most people saw the funny side of the story, it is still baffling how Oli managed to get so seriously stuck. One checkout operator, Daniel, shared “I did this on my first shift! Luckily I managed to drag my arm out though, it was pretty sore afterwards and even bruised slightly!”.


When talking about the ordeal, Oli Richings said “I have no idea how this happened, one minute I was cashing up the till, the next the belt moved, trapping my skin in-between the the revolving plastic and the metal part of the till”.




No comments:

Post a Comment